We're Open, Here's an Update
DCI has reopened for in-person classes and events with certain precautionary measures. This page includes details of those as well as advice from Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche on practices that can be done to help protect from COVID19 – for oneself and others.
Updated on 4 July 2020
On this page you will find:
Details of our current precautions and requests for those attending in-person events at DCI.
A link to Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s Practice Advice to Protect from the Coronavirus
- Opportunities to Sponsor the purchase of extra sanitation supplies to support DCI during this time.
We're Open Again
Updated: 4 July 2020
A sincere thank you to everyone for your support and engagement over this recent period.
As NZ is now at Level 1, we have opened (since 28 June). However, we need to try to keep people safe.
Please respect these important points at Level 1:
- If you are sick or feeling unwell please stay at home. Do not come to visit the Institute. (We are happy to make prayers for you if you request by email or phone.)
- Wash your hands. Hand soap as well as hand sanitiser are available for use by visitors and students.
- If you do need to sneeze or cough during your visit, please out of consideration for others do so into your elbow, etc.
- Scannable QR codes are posted and available at DCI for scanning to assist with public health digital contact tracing efforts.
- DCI’s stupa and prayer wheel are now both open to visitors.
- DCI’s Spiritual Program of pujas and classes has resumed in-person. Please see our Program Calendar for full schedule details.
- The DCI Bookshop is also open. Please check the hours on our shop page.
- We need volunteer help in the gardens and also with cleaning and other projects, so if you have a little time, please feel free to offer via our volunteer form.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche's Practice Advice
Lama Zopa Rinpoche has advised certain prayers and mantras that one can do to help protect oneself and others from the Coronavirus, as well as to help stop the spread of the virus. Rinpoche is also giving teachings at Kopan during the lockdown and these videos are available at the links below. Rinpoche’s practices are being done daily at Dorje Chang Institute and offerings and dedications can be sponsored. These practices can also be done individually.
Here are the resources:
Sponsorship opportunities currently include:
- Sponsor the purchase of extra sanitation supplies at DCI to help at this time (handsoap, disinfectant, paper towels, paper cups for hot and cold drinks, individually wrapped tea/coffee/sugar, etc.)
Donations of any amount are welcome. Thank you.
“If you want others to be happy,
If you want to be happy,
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others.
And if you can’t help them,
at least don’t hurt them.”